Lesson learned

I have had a very busy week so far.  Two days of regular, normal work at the health unit, a day to prepare a letter to disagree with a GST/HST audit for the farm, teaching a night prenatal class, and facilitating a two-day in-service for my colleagues on Promoting Maternal Mental Health.  To go along with this, a night of coaching my sons' baseball team and a weekend ahead of working nights.

This morning when I was trying to rush out the door I was very mean to my boys.  It was not their fault I was late but I blamed them anyways.  I knew I was wrong as soon as I said the words and am sorry for the burden that I placed on them.  When they get home from school I will explain my actions and apologize.  At times like this, I tell myself it is time to regroup and do better.

I have an extremely bad track record for piling my plate too full.  As part of my strive for healthy balance, I vow to never do this again.  I have learned that I can't do it all.  I have the ability to say "no" and I must use it.  Besides, when my plate is full I am unavailable to my family and friends and this bothers me.

Time to remove tasks and responsibilities from the plate and not refill it.  Lesson learned.

Comments

  1. I'll be sure to remind you of that when I force you to 1) sit on the lawn with me and 2) run with me ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Brockville California Run 5K

Running/Knee/Fitness Thoughts

What do corn and Alaska have in common?