Bliss Moments

The last few weeks have been hard to swallow on the home front.  Our precious baby duckling passed away and Karina our 'prize' cow's fate was determined with a negative pregnancy check.  And of course,  too many consecutive days of rain halted the progress of crop planting.  I do realize that things could be a lot worse and believe me Larrin and I tell each other that on a regular basis; it reminds us that 'such is life' and our problems are quite small in comparison to other peoples' in this world.

Over the years Larrin and I have tried to anticipate the good when things are not quite going our way.  When we are on the down swing of our life rollercoaster I always try to look to the future weeks and imagine how good they will be.  And well, my dreams have come true and a good week is upon us.

Yesterday on my morning trek to feed my 'hobby' animals, I found this.

Eight beautiful, healthy ducklings.  Their proud 'mama' was keeping close watch so I didn't go any closer.  From their appearance and actions I could tell that the duckling we had brought in the house a few weeks ago was not 'normal' and this probably led to his demise.  I am thankful that we were able to provide him with some nurturing and warmth for a few weeks anyways.

Here is another picture of their 'first walk'.



I can't describe the feeling I get when I see things like this.  It is the purest happiness and I also get it when I see my children sound asleep with smiles on their faces and the joy in new parents eyes when they are handed their newborn for the first time.  And no, I am not comparing ducks to humans I am just saying my inner feelings are comparable when I observe them.  Everyone should have these 'stop you in your tracks' moments where problems fade and bliss appears.  I call them 'bliss moments'.

For my husband, I think it is days when the sun is shining and production is taking place.  When the milk is flowing, tractors are rolling on the ground, and progress can be seen.  Yesterday was one of those days for him.  I snapped a picture of my husband's 'bliss moment'.  He and my Dad were getting two tractors ready for work while my Uncle Jeff was cultivating with big blue tractor in the background.  The sun was shining and it was a beautiful day; the perfect day for a farmer.



What is your 'bliss moment' and do you take the time to stop, capture and enjoy them?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brockville California Run 5K

Running/Knee/Fitness Thoughts

What do corn and Alaska have in common?