Quilt Project Update

I have finally pieced all of my quilt blocks, sewed them into rows, completed the sashing and voila....here is what I have so far.


Blocks from the top down: friendship star, flying geese, 4-patch, paper-pieced trees and a house, more 4-patch, more flying geese, pinwheels, and lastly a row of 9-patch and shoo fly.  I've decided to place appliqued hearts in each corner with a keyboard border connecting the hearts....sounds fancy doesn't it?

I only have one more quilting class, in which I will make a "quilt sandwich" with my pieced top, batting, and the backing and then we will get to the quilting business.  It is going to be a little bittersweet to be done with my first quilting class; the instructor and all of the ladies in the class have been super nice and it feels like they are my comrades.  We all started with nothing but a bunch of fabric and big expectations and what we each ended up with is a beautiful unique creation and great new friends.

I just might have to sign up for another class.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brockville California Run 5K

Running/Knee/Fitness Thoughts

What do corn and Alaska have in common?