3rd Annual Yonge Mills Wagon Ride

We had another great Halloween. We did our traditional wagon ride which resulted in record numbers; I think my last tally was 29 kids, 18 adults and 25 neighbourhood stops. It was our best year yet.

The day before Halloween, Lara and Erin, our neighbours and cousins, came and helped decorate the infamous wagon.  It was so neat to let them think of ways to decorate and all the kids helped with the decor.  We had goblins, spiders, bats, lots of caution tape, and even orange lights.  The kids were a huge help and let me tell you it sure beats decorating by myself:)  Here is a picture of them when they were done.



As soon as the boys got off the bus from school on Halloween, they put on their costumes and waited outside for our wagon guests to arrive.  I didn't even force them to eat supper....they were too excited anyways.



We ended up having lots of newcomers for the wagon ride.  It was great to have such an enthusiastic turnout.  One person brought a big plastic vat of hot chocolate to share on the ride and Alyson had a hot chocolate stop at her house too.  A friend of Ashley's who happens to be a fabulous Mom and photographer came from "town" to our little wagon ride and had a blast. She wrote about it on her blog which I have attempted to post a link too. She captured the night beautifully; beautiful pictures, excellent commentary etc.  Puts my blog to shame but I wanted to share.  I hope this link works.....  

Keeping Up with the Charlebois: Halloween in the stix

I can honestly say that everyone had an excellent night, even the neighbours whose houses we invaded.  Without the wagon ride we only get a handful of trick or treaters so this is also a bit of a treat for the 'locals' who don't have younger kids to enjoy the holiday with.  The trick or treaters were always welcomed with open doors and smiling faces.  Neighbours were giving me the thumbs up and smiling ear to ear as the wagon crowd cheered "Thank you and Happy Halloween".  Made me very proud of our little community and it left me thinking I truly have a great life and there is no other place I would rather be.  Looking forward to the 4th annual Yonge Mills Wagon Ride!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brockville California Run 5K

Running/Knee/Fitness Thoughts

What do corn and Alaska have in common?