Beautiful Day for a Run

This morning, while Larrin took the boys for some farming adventure I decided to take advantage of the alone time.  So I laced up the ol' running shoes and headed out.

The last time I was running was October 10th and the last time I ran 10 km was July 28 so I wasn't expecting much.  I did however, want to run 10 km, for whatever reason I'm not sure.  Surprisingly I felt great while running and  I totally noticed that my legs and core are stronger from all of my workouts with Sarah; I was so impressed.

The first couple kilometres went by so fast and easy, but then the hills of Devil's Door Road kind of kicked my butt but the burpies and mountain climbers that I have been doing at the gym helped me conquer them.  Once I got to the 7 km mark I knew that I could beat my personal best time for running 10 km.  The around the block run only resulted in 8 km so I had to run past my house to get my desired distance in; not going to lie, stopping at my house where water and lunch awaited did cross my mind but I kept going.

At the 10 km mark my time was 1 hr: 4 min: 11s.  Boom, personal best by like 3 minutes.

Which brings me to a bit of a crossroads.  Last year I ran the 5 km at Ottawa Race Weekend and I had decided that I was going to register for the 10 km for this event in 2012 (http://www.runottawa.ca/).  My thinking was that this would keep me motivated to do some running over the winter (some meaning a teeny bit because I despise cold) and once the weather starts turning warmer in the new year I would have lots of incentive to start running early in the year in order to prepare for the race.

Now, after today, seeing that I can whip 10 km off without any recent running training, the thought crosses my mind that maybe, just maybe I should sign up for the half marathon for Ottawa Race Weekend 2012.  It seems a bit crazy but it would definitely be awesome to complete a half-marathon.  Even sounds ridiculous to say!

Hmmm.....should I go for the challenging half-marathon or should I sign up for the easy 10 km?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brockville California Run 5K

Running/Knee/Fitness Thoughts

"IT'S ON"