Nothing wrong with teeny tiny goals

Since I haven't completed two runs in the same weeks since um....early July, this past Monday I set myself a small goal.  The goal this week was to run twice.  Didn't matter about distance or speed, just run twice.  Sometimes smaller goals work best for me because then I don't get overwhelmed and when I complete the goal it feels good.  Not great, like a bigger goal would feel like, but good nonetheless.

So, my two runs consisted of a 3 km short run and a 8.5 km longer run.  Two outings complete.  Done.  The longer run was done with Alyson and as much as it was nice to have a little company, it reminded me that I really prefer to run solo (however, this may change as distances increase and I get sick of being alone).  Time will tell.

In other updates, I haven't been keeping up with my "100 pushup challenge" routine but I retested myself yesterday (so I could restart) and I can now do 40 consecutive pushups.  Before, I could make it to 26.  See, that's progress....

Setting smaller goals helps me achieve bigger accomplishments so for the upcoming week I have three tiny goals.  They are:

1) Run twice
2) Workout with Sarah twice
3) Do 3 days of pushup sets

And now that I have wrote them down, I am at least accountable to the two maybe three people that actually read this blog:)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brockville California Run 5K

Running/Knee/Fitness Thoughts

"IT'S ON"