Grandma's Stash

Grandma Bryan has been gone for 6 years now and honestly I think about her everyday. All of her quilting stuff has sat untouched since her passing and after checking with the other members of the family, I've begun sorting through her glorious quilting stash.

To my delight I found an entire quilt top, some completed blocks, and tons of fabric scraps. I felt like I struck it rich. I grabbed a couple of totes and headed home. My goal is to be able to make myself a quilt out of Grandma's stash.

As I started to iron, fold and organize the pieces of cloth, I came up with my quilt idea. There was a quilt block that Grandma had made surrounded in light green fabric; this will be the centre of my quilt.


I then found a tutorial for a starflower quilt block on Ellison Lane Quilt Blog, which I thought would be great at displaying the stash. I pieced together one of these blocks and I love the result; these star blocks will make up the rest of the quilt.


I already love it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brockville California Run 5K

Running/Knee/Fitness Thoughts

"IT'S ON"