Half Marathon Training-Week Two

Another week has passed and to my delight I completed the necessary three runs for my training this week.  Here is my week in chart form thanks to my Endomondo app:)  I love tracking my run with my phone to be able to plot out my course and get accurate distances.  I find it very helpful with training as well.  Helps me with pacing and also motivates me to keep going to catch a new personal best time or distance.

My long run was just done today and I despite it being a bit cold, it was awesome.  I think it shows that I am gaining strength as a runner when after 7km I finally felt "warmed up" and had enough fuel to complete  the next 4 kms in under 6 minutes each.  I ended up shaving a couple minutes off my 10 km time too (1h:01m:41s)....getting closer to under an hour:)  The roads were slippery but I was still able to maintain a great pace throughout.  I do like taking the backroads to avoid traffic but I'm pretty sure the roads were only sanded on one side.  There was lots of nice scenery to look at with all of the snow that fell a couple days ago.  It was such a peaceful and rewarding run.

I veered from my normal route of around the block with an out and back route which had a "smaller around the block" at about the half way point.  I also avoided the hills on Devil's Door Road because I didn't want to fall on my butt!!!  My training plan had me slotted in for 10 kms but I felt so great that I thought I could sneak in 12:)

To see more details you can go here. Have I said how cool tracking a run is?

Comments

  1. Great job! Keep it up!

    I will be home this summer (In July). I typically run past your house. Maybe we can run sometime!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your motivation Christy! And we have a date this summer for a run:)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Brockville California Run 5K

Running/Knee/Fitness Thoughts

What do corn and Alaska have in common?