Life's a blur lately....

I've decided to take the time and write another quick summary of what's happening in my world.  Last time it was 22 days in between blog postings and it's now only been 14 days so I'm way ahead!

I was successful with my job interview and now have a permanent full time position at the health unit.  I am now a public health nurse on the communicable disease/infection control team in the department of clinical services.  Had my first day today and it went awesome.  I have a great feeling about this position because it combines both my science and nursing degrees.

We went on an amazing "family vacay" (Arlen's words) to the Toronto Zoo, Blue Mountains Resort, Thursthill Farms and then Peterborough to visit more friends.  We had an awesome time and both Larrin and I felt totally relaxed.  Pictures to follow soon.

Ducklings and chicks are growing strong; we haven't lost any to mysterious attacks.  While away, my awesome father caught the creature that was living under the chicken coop; it ended up being a huge male skunk.  Glad to say that all that remains of him is his nasty odour which he left us as a going away gift. 

Haven't run much lately but am happy to report that I have run my "10 km around the block route" three times now.  That feet has been a goal of mine since I started running and I am quite proud of that accomplishment.  Ideally I would like to run 10 km or more one night a week and then mix in 2-4 shorter runs or bike rides the rest of the week.  We'll see if that happens:)

That's all I got for now.  Going to try an get back to daily blog posts now so stay tuned.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brockville California Run 5K

Running/Knee/Fitness Thoughts

What do corn and Alaska have in common?