In need of a plan.

This is my fourth week of working a full-timejob; Monday to Friday, 8:30-4:30.  I know!  Sweet hours and weekends off so I'm not complaining.  I'm just struggling to fit everything in that I want to and it is only going to get worse with hockey season starting for the boys in a couple weeks.  In August I may have run 3 times and biked twice which results in me feeling mediocre.

I've been trying to run/bike when I get home from work.  Unfortunately this is also the time when I should be making supper not to mention the time that Larrin usually asks me to "look at a cow", "doctor a cow", help with milking, or AI a cow.  Needless to say....not working.  I used to wait until after chores to go but for a run or bike but after working all day, cleaning up after supper and it getting darker earlier this isn't working either.

Which leads me to....getting up earlier to exercise.  When I think about this I see a huge mountain and I quickly think of why this won't work.  I hate to say it but it kind of makes sense.  Up at 5:45, 15 minutes to "wake up", 5K run, stretch and shower, and it would still be before 7 am.  Hmmm.  Still not appealing enough.

My other option is to exercise at work during lunch.  I have an hour but we have a policy that if we incorporate physical activity into our lunch break we can use our other two 15 minute breaks at that time to total an hour and a half lunch.  Enough time to get in a run and eat lunch.  But....I don't feel great about this one either.

Whatever I decide, I need to incorporate it into my daily routine and just do it.  I may do the morning thing for a week and see how it goes.  Did that sound convincing?  Didn't to me.

Any suggestions?

Comments

  1. I vote lunch time. What a great policy, really.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Brockville California Run 5K

Running/Knee/Fitness Thoughts

What do corn and Alaska have in common?