A number 3 on the sides and blend in the top.

This time when I took the boys to get their haircuts, I thought it would be a good lesson for them to have the responsibility of telling the hairdresser how to cut their hair.  While waiting I gave instructions to ask the hairdresser for "a number 3 on the sides and blend in the top".  Everyone agreed with rolling eyes as to say "yeah, whatever Mom".

Chase got called first.  He politely stated "a number 3 on the sides and blend in the top".  I sat as the proud mother whose child is taking one more step towards independence (I know it is a stretch but that's how I felt).  He was so polite and respectful.  I love that about Chase.

Karson then got called and repeated, "a number 3 on the sides and blend in the top".  Again I sat with pride and of course Karson was elated that he too had remembered my instructions and was able to pass them on by himself.  He looked at me for approval and I gave him a smile and a wink.  I love how Karson beams when he sees I am happy with him.

Arlen heard his name called, walked over to the chair and assertively ordered, "a number 3 on the sides and a mohawk".  He didn't look for approval and didn't care.  I still beamed with pride and giggled a bit.  I love Arlen's confidence, prowess and the way he always manages to make me "lighten up" and have fun.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brockville California Run 5K

Running/Knee/Fitness Thoughts

What do corn and Alaska have in common?