Living with four Y chromosomes.

Let me start off by saying that I truly love my husband and three sons.  There is nothing in the world I love more than them but quite frankly they are driving me bonkers.  When I am having a busy day at home or when I come home from work, all I want is to relax in the comforts of my home but when I look around I see a big mess.

We have rules for the boys, like hang your coats up, unpack your bookbags, put shoes on the mat, pick up laundry, etc but they never seem to do it.  So I ask them nicely once or twice, they ignore me, and then a switch turns on and I turn into another person.  My friends laugh because I usually start with sternly saying "alright" and then start barking orders.  I realize that yelling is not the answer and this is not "healthy" so if you have any suggestions please let me know.

Here is a few examples of my plight..... I've also included what I would be happy with.  As you will see, I am not picky. Or am I?

Shoes

Coats




And this....please note that the boys are too short to open cupboard doors but I'm not pointing any fingers.




I feel better just for this opportunity to vent but it doesn't solve my problem.  My plan is to remind the boys nicely and see where that gets me.  As for my husband, if not shutting cupboard doors is his biggest fault then I can live with that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brockville California Run 5K

Running/Knee/Fitness Thoughts

What do corn and Alaska have in common?