Didn't see that coming!

After a busy day of working, making supper, and taking the boys swimming, I decided to go for a "quick" run.  Well, the quick run turned into my first 10 km ever.  It came totally out of the blue.  I have my dog Abby to partially thank.  She was looking at me with sad eyes as I was leaving the house and I couldn't leave her behind.  She lasted about a km and then I was practically dragging her so I turned around then she decided to sprint home.  Great warm up Abby!

Her slower pace saved my energy for later.  I ran down my driveway, dropped off a relieved dog, and ran back on course.  I figured I should at least run 6 km to make up for Abby's slow pace.  Then I thought maybe I'll just slowly run for an hour since I had never run for a whole hour before.  At the hour mark I was close to 9 km so I thought I should at least go for that distance.  Then I was close to 10 km that I couldn't resist.

And bam.  All of a sudden, I had run 10 km in 1h09m18s.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brockville California Run 5K

Running/Knee/Fitness Thoughts

What do corn and Alaska have in common?