Some Motivation

After completing my first half marathon last year I kind of "let myself go".  Meaning I didn't lace up the running shoes for like......freaking 4 months.  Okay that's untrue.  I might have ran twice in the four months.

This resulted in me going from feeling elated that I completed a half marathon to holy crap I can't even run 3 km without wanting to throw myself in front of the next car.

I've slowly started to run again on the treadmill and thought I would give myself a little motivation.  I added some races to my dailymile profile (haven't officially signed up for them but I want to).  I added a 10K in february, a half-marathon in May, a 5K in June, and then a duathlon (run 2.3 km, bike 20.7 km, run 5km) in August.  Sounds perfect to me!

I've never done a duathlon before and I don't even have a proper road bike but I enjoy running (when I'm properly training) and I find biking even more enjoyable than running so it kind of makes sense to me.  I've always viewed people who do duathlon and triathlon races as well-rounded, strong athletes.  I feel like I can totally fit into this category.  So, I'll start off with this duathlon and see how it goes.

Regardless, sounds like it would be a good "story" so why not try to tell it:)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brockville California Run 5K

Running/Knee/Fitness Thoughts

What do corn and Alaska have in common?